It's Healthy Girl Summer over here, so we're doubling down on all the benefits of moving your bods.
Exercise can be fun. We’ll say it again, when you’re doing it for the right reasons, you move in a way that feels good for you and you let go of the unrealistic expectations, exercise can be fun! Getting fit isn’t just about being ‘in shape’ and having a 6-pack, exercise is also about all of the other incredible benefits it has for our health and the million other ways it can enhance our lives.
Think about these 5 things the next time you lace up your sneakers and put your headphones in:
- The magic of endorphins. The post workout “high” is so real and it never fails. Workout to feel good, better your mood and give you the energy to take on the rest of your day. Elle Woods said it best, “Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy!”
- Get your mind right. Exercise is just as important for your mental health than it is for your physical health. Working out helps you feel less stressed and can reduce anxiety and depression.
- Strong > Skinny. Workout to build yourself a strong, healthy body to carry you through your busy life. Exercising consistently will help increase muscle mass and bone density, which is linked to bone health. This can improve balance, coordination and the ability to move easily.
- Abs are cool but a healthy heart is cooler. Exercise really is important for your overall health. Working out can reduce your risk of heart diseases, help manage blood sugar and insulin levels, lower blood pressure, boost your immune system, improve your quality of sleep, should we go on?
- Sense of accomplishment. There’s nothing better than feeling proud and proving to yourself you can do hard things. Sticking to a workout plan and seeing your progress can give you a serious confidence boost that can make you feel like you can take on the world.
Not sure which type of workout is your jam? Keep trying new ones until you find your match! To get you inspired, here are some of our favorite ways to move:
- Have a lot of energy and want to feel like a total bada$$? Take a HIIT class.
- Feeling super stressed and need to just totally check out? Head out for a long run.
- Looking for something lower intensity but still incredibly challenging? Pilates or barre, for sure.
- If you need to unwind, center yourself and stretch it out? Yoga, 100%.
- Need to blow off some steam? Dance classes will leave you feeling like a new person!
- Ready to take on an adventure and get out in nature? Take a hike!
Grab your bestie or bae to double the fun and keep each other accountable!