Halloween Made Healthy(ish)
Looking for some Halloween candy inspo that isn’t full of junk and won't get your kid high on insane amounts of sugar for hours? We've got you! Your classic “PayDay” got a makeover and this healthier alternative will please anyone, even the harshest of critics, we promise. Lauren Brittain (@healthyhomebakes) created this drool-worthy recipe for you!
Lauren is a personal trainer, mom of 3 girls, and just really enjoys baking. She loves showing people that healthy doesn’t have to be boring.
Vegan Vanilla Payday Recipe (no bake!):
- 1 1/2 cup lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Après vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1/2 - 1 tsp coconut sugar for sprinkling on top
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Add half of your peanuts to the bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, add your peanut butter, Après vanilla bean, maple syrup and coconut flour, mix well.
- Drop your mixture in spoonfuls over the peanuts, press down gently with your hands.
- Add the remaining peanuts and sprinkle coconut sugar on top, press down gently again.
- Let the paydays set in the freezer for at least 20 min before cutting into bars/ squares. Store in freezer and allow to thaw a couple minutes before eating for best results (otherwise the bars will get too soft).
Enjoy and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 🎃👻