This delicious Mint Chocolate Pie created by Karin Adoni. Don't just save this dessert for Pi Day, enjoy all day, everyday!
Ingredients for crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup / make it keto substitute the maple in ½ tsp of liquid stevia
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- Dash sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (to grease the pan)
Ingredients for filling:
- 1.5 cans of lite coconut cream (make it keto - use full fat coconut cream )
- 1/2 cup of Après Mint Chocolate
- 1/4 cup maple (make it keto substitute the maple in ½ tsp of liquid stevia )
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 100 grams of dark 70% chocolate
- Dash salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Instructions for the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seeds and warm water, stir and set aside. This mixture should thicken and congeal within about 1 minute.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and mix.
- Then add the thickened flax mixture, maple syrup, and 1/3 cup coconut oil and mix.
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch pie pan with coconut oil, then press the crust mixture into the pan to cover. Poke a few holes in the crust with a fork
- Bake the crust for 5-10 minutes at 350° until it's golden brown on the edges.
- Set aside to let cool completely.
Instructions for the filling:
- Put the coconut cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, cocoa powder, sea salt, and vanilla and gently mix it with the whisk until it is thoroughly blended.
- Melt the chocolate and add to the mixture
- Make sure that the pie crust has cooled after baking, then pour the chocolate coconut cream filling in the pie crust. Spread the filling evenly and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more to allow it to set and harden.
- To serve, you can place a small amount of coconut cream on top for garnish and add shaved dark chocolate.