Here's a delicious and easy recipe for vegan banana pancakes. Light, fluffy and perfect for a fun family breakfast.
1 and 1/4 cups of Gluten-Free baking flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch or two of coconut sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 large ripe banana, (1/2 cup mashed)
1 Tbsp coconut oil + more for frying
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Bean Après
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sliced Banana, maple syrup or honey, dash of cinnamon and/or coconut flakes
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add a dash of coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, mix together.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and add the coconut oil and mash together. Add to the mixing bowl with the Après, milk and vanilla and mix in. Your batter will be fairly thick.
- Heat up a pan with a little coconut oil until hot and then add in some batter for your first pancake, around 1/4 cup of batter at a time. When the pancake starts looking dry along the sides with little bubbles on top, then flip it over until browned on the other side. Keep flipping and pushing down with your spatula until the pancakes are very nicely browned and the inside has had a chance to cook through.
- Serve pancakes with some sliced bananas, other fresh fruits as you like and syrup or honey for drizzling.